Entering the contest is as easy as submitting a photo or video to the Incredible Egg’s Facebook contest posts, or your own Twitter or Instagram along with a caption explaining why the kid in your life is incredible. Posts using the hashtags #IncredibleBecause and #Contest to be considered contest entries and are eligible for the grand prize and weekly prizes.
AMERICAN EGG BOARD YOU’RE INCREDIBLE BECAUSE… CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 7, 2017 and continues until 11:59:59 pm ET on September 17, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). There will be six (6) Contest Weeks throughout the Contest Period. Each Contest Week will begin at 12:00:00 am ET on the Monday of that Contest Week and will end on the following Sunday at 11:59:59 pm ET of that Contest Week. Non-winning Submissions will carry over to subsequent Contest Weeks and do not need to be resubmitted.
2. TO ENTER: You will need an Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or email account in order to enter the Contest. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and email accounts are free. During the Contest Period, sign into your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or email account (“Account”), and post a photo or video (“Photo/Video”) of a child and a description of why they are incredible (your “Submission”). If you are posting a photo of a person other than yourself, you must have the permission of the individuals (or their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission if individuals are minors) to use their name or image in the Submission. For Instagram Twitter and Facebook Submissions you must also include the hashtags #IncredibleBecause and #contest in accordance with the following instructions:
- (i) Via Instagram: Sign into your Instagram account on your mobile device, and post the Photo to your account with a description of why the kid is incredible and the hashtags #IncredibleBecause and #contest. You must make sure the “Photos Are Private” option in the account settings on your Instagram account are set to “OFF.” You must have an Instagram app and account to enter via this method.
- (ii) Via Twitter: Log onto your Twitter account, and post the Photo to your account with a description of why the kid is incredible and the hashtags #IncredibleBecause and #contest. You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account to be eligible to enter this Contest via this method (i.e., you must make sure your tweets are set to “public” and not “private”). You must have a Twitter account to enter via this method.
- (iii) Via Facebook: Go to Sponsor’s page, located at www.facebook.com/IncredibleEdibleEgg/ (“Sponsor’s Page”), and follow the links and instructions to enter. Upload the Photo with a description of why the kid is incredible and the hashtags #IncredibleBecause and #contest as a comment to Sponsor’s Contest Post on Sponsor’s Page, and click the “post” button. You must have a Facebook account to enter via this method.
- (iv) Via Email: Send an email (subject line You’re Incredible Because… Contest with your name) with a description of why the kid is incredible along with the Photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for your Submission.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Submission Guidelines”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Submission Guidelines.
If any individuals other than yourself are mentioned or shown in the Submission, you must have the permission of the individuals (or their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission if individuals are minors) to use their name or image in the Submission. Proof of such permission may be required at Sponsor’s discretion. Entering any Submission further constitutes your consent to grant the Sponsor certain rights in and to the Submission, as described in Section 8, below. Each Submission entered must meet all Submission Guidelines (described below). Entry must be made in your name only, regardless of whether others contributed to or appear in the Submission. Only the person submitting the entry will be eligible to win a prize. Submissions that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Submissions that are found to be copies of other Submissions previously entered in the Contest or to contain content plagiarized from other websites and/or publications will be void and will result in disqualification.
Limit: One (1) Submission per person / per day of the Contest Period regardless of method of entry. Each Submission submitted by an entrant must be different than previous Submissions submitted by that entrant, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Duplicate Submissions by the same entrant will be subject to disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or email accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submission cannot: (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain or reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain or reference trademarks, logos (except Sponsor’s) or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product (except Sponsor’s) of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; and (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
By entering a Submission you warrant and represent that: (a) it has not been previously published; (b) it has not received previous awards; (c) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (d) the other participants depicted in the Submission, if any, have given written consent to its entry into the Contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; and (e) publication of the Submission via various media including Web posting and posting in social media, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Any Submission that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in the Contest for any reason will be disqualified from the Contest.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, repost, retweet, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and their family members and persons living in the same households of such employees are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited by law. By entering, winners certify that they meet all eligibility requirements. Each entrant may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
5. CONTEST WINNER DETERMINATION: Winners are the parent/guardian of the children depicted in the Submission (the “Winner”) Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
Weekly Winners: All eligible Submissions will be judged by Sponsor or a Sponsor representative at the end of the Contest Week in accordance with the schedule below based on the following judging criteria: Creativity (33%); Originality (33%); and Incredible Feat (34%). One (1) Submission with the highest score from all entries eligible for that Contest Week will be deemed the Winner for that Contest Week (“Weekly Winner”) subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules) for a total of six (6) winners throughout the Contest Period. Submissions will be eligible for the Contest Week in which they were submitted and non-winning Submissions will carry over to subsequent Contest Weeks (if applicable) and do not need to be resubmitted. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Creativity from the Sponsor will be deemed a winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters. To be eligible for the Grand Prize, Weekly Winners will be required to interview with the Sponsor. The potential Winner for each Contest Week will be selected on or about the following dates following the conclusion of that Contest Week:
- Week 1: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
- Week 2: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Week 3: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
- Week 4: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Week 5: Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Week 6: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Grand Prize Winner: Submission from weekly winners will be judged by Sponsor or a Sponsor representative at the end of the Contest Period based on the following judging criteria: Creativity (25%); Originality (25%); Incredible Feat (25%), Responses during Sponsor Interview (25%). One (1) Submission with the highest score from all entries eligible for that Contest Week will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Creativity from the Sponsor will be deemed a winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters. The potential Winner for the Grand Prize will be selected on or about the following dates following the conclusion of the Contest:
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 (5:00 PM CST)
Potential winners will be notified approximately two (2) days after their Submission has been chosen and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within two (2) days of receipt. Additionally, potential winners may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
If an Instagram entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by a direct message and/or by Sponsor posting a comment to the potential winner’s Submission on the potential winner’s Instagram account.
If a Twitter entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by a Twitter direct message and/or a retweet or reply to potential winner’s Submission. Potential winners will be required to provide Sponsor with their name, mailing address and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment within two (2) days in order to claim their prize.
If a Facebook entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by a direct message and/or by Sponsor posting a comment to the potential winner’s Submission.
If an email entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by a direct email reply by Sponsor.
If any potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. PRIZES: All prizes will be awarded to the winner (legal parent/guardian) on behalf of the child. One (1) Grand Prize Winner: A $2,500 scholarship awarded to the child depicted in the Submission, a $2,500 donation to the school of the child depicted in the Submission, a breakfast party hosted by The American Egg Board at the school of the child depicted in the Submission and an 2 Night / 3 Day trip for four (4) to Chicago on November 14-16, 2017. Trip includes two (2) nights' hotel at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (including tax and resort fees); round-trip coach class air transportation from major airport nearest winner's home to selected location; ground transportation from/to airport; (“Trip”). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $12,000USD. Tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. Grand Prize or any of the above listed components may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, substituted, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Grand Prize trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Dates of departure and return are subject to change. The Grand Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor and/or prize provider have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Grand Prize winner or his or her guest (”Guest”) from any activity at any time without compensation if the Grand Prize winner’s or his or her Guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or prize provider or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor or prize providers, and in such a case, Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize. Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, dates of travel and any airfare fluctuations and any difference in value will not be awarded. Airline carrier and agent to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner and Guest(s) must travel together on the same itinerary, and air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken by Grand Prize winner and Guest together. Once trip dates have been booked, no extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees or restructuring of the trip are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (and at least 18) unless accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian (who must be the Grand Prize winner). Grand Prize winner and Guest are solely responsible for providing all necessary identification documents and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e., valid passport, etc.). Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. Grand Prize winner and/or his/her Guest must have/present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into hotel. The Grand Prize trip restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Affidavit (described below) and/or Grand Prize winner's travel documents. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets/itinerary/identification, etc. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs, incidentals, and any other expenses associated with Grand Prize acceptance and use not specifically mentioned as being provided, including, but not limited to, unspecified ground transportation and/or luggage handling between Grand Prize winner's home and airport, and items not included as part of the winning Grand Prize package. The following are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her Guest: travel insurance; room service; laundry service; spa treatments; beverages, unspecified meals; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. All other expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are the Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility.
Six (6) Weekly Prize Winners: Each Weekly Winner will receive a $500 Visa gift card and a back-to-school prize pack. ARV: $575.
All fees, federal, state and other taxes relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize except in Sponsor’s sole discretion, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
Approximate total retail value of all prizes combined is $15,450.00. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
7. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes each Winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each Winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, garbled, damaged, illegible or otherwise deficient or incompletely received for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to by tampering, unauthorized intervention or force majeure. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.)
8. Release: By participating in the Contest, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest -related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest.
9. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise
10. Privacy. Personal information collected from entrants during the Contest Period is subject to Sponsor’s privacy statement available at www.IncredibleEgg.org and, except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, will be treated in accordance with the terms of that statement.
11. Winners’ List: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 1, 2017 to: American Egg Board, 8755 W Higgins Road, ste. 300, Chicago, IL 60631.
12. Sponsor: American Egg Board, 8755 W Higgins Road, ste. 300, Chicago, IL 60631.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR FACEBOOK.