THE INCREDIBLE HOLIDAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1. How to Enter. During the Contest Period (defined below), Influencer Claire Thomas (“Influencer”) will post a recipe of an appetizer created by Influencer (“Influencer Recipe”) on Influencer’s social media pages, including on Twitter and Instagram. To enter, eligible entrants must submit a photo (“Photo”) of Influencer’s Recipe that entrant created and tag the Influencer and include the hashtags #IncredibleHolidayBaking and #contest in the entry post in accordance with the following instructions:
- Entry Via Twitter: Entrants must log onto their Twitter account and go to Influencer’s page on Twitter located at [https://twitter.com/KitchyKitchen] and reply to Influencer’s Contest tweet, which includes the Influencer’s Recipe, by posting their Photo of the Influencer’s Recipe, tagging the Influencer and including the hashtags #IncredibleHolidayBaking and #contest in their tweet. Entrant must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account to enter this Contest via Twitter (i.e., you must make sure your tweets are set to “public” and not “private”) and must have a Twitter account to enter via this method. If entrant does not have a Twitter account, entrant can create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Twitter accounts are free.
- Entry Via Instagram: Entrants must access the Instagram application on their mobile device, and go to Influencer’s page on Instagram, located at [https://www.instagram.com/clairethomas/] to view the Influencer’s Recipe. Entrants then must go to their own Instagram page and post their Photo of the Influencer’s Recipe that they created, tag the Influencer and include the hashtags #IncredibleHolidayBaking and #contest in their post. Entrants must make sure the “Photos Are Private” option in the account settings on your Instagram account are set to “OFF” and must have an Instagram app and account to enter via this method. If entrant does not have the Instagram app, entrant may download it through the application store on your device. The Instagram app is free.
If entrants choose to enter via Twitter or Instagram using their mobile device, standard data fees may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. Entrants agree to incur any and all charges demanded by their wireless carrier. Entrants should also check their device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
All entry information, replies, tweets, captions and Photos shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; and (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. PROVIDING A SUBMISSION CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S CONSENT TO GRANT INFLUENCER AND SPONSOR A ROYALTY-FREE, IRREVOCABLE, PERPETUAL, NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO USE, REPRODUCE, MODIFY, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, AND DISPLAY SUCH SUBMISSIONS IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ON A WORLDWIDE BASIS, IN PERPETUITY, AND TO INCORPORATE IT INTO OTHER WORKS, IN ANY FORM, MEDIA OR TECHNOLOGY NOW KNOWN OR LATER DEVELOPED, FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING FOR PROMOTIONAL OR MARKETING PURPOSES.
Limit one (1) Submission into this Influencer Contest per person regardless of method of entry. Entrants are not permitted to submit a Submission more than once during the Contest Period. Duplicate Submissions by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com and Instagram.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter or Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter or Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter or Instagram account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Released Entities (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Contest Entry Start/End Dates. Contest begins at [10:00 AM] Eastern Time on [11/19/18] and ends at [10:00 AM] Eastern Time on [12/3/18] (“Contest Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the American Egg Board (“Sponsor”), the Influencer, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be in English.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s and Influencer’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Judging Panel/Judging Criteria. On or about [12/3/18], all eligible Submissions will be judged by the Influencer. All Submissions will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) Creativity, (b) Uniqueness, and (c) Quality of Content. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Quality of Photo category will determine winner (subject to confirmation).
6. Prize. One (1) Prize: One (1) winner will receive a Le Creuset baking dish. Total approximate retail value of Prize: $350.00 is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
7. Notification. Potential winner will be notified by Influencer on or about [12/4/18] and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of receipt. Additionally, potential winner may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
- If a Twitter entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by Influencer by a retweet or reply to potential winner’s Submission and/or a Twitter direct message (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential winner has to (a) be following @KitchyKitchen and (b) may have to have his/her Tweet Privacy settings “unchecked”).
- If an Instagram entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by Influencer by a direct message and/or by Sponsor posting a comment to the potential winner’s entry on the potential winner’s Instagram account.
Potential winner will be required to email Influencer within two (2) calendar days in order to claim his or her prize.
If any potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNER AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, INFLUENCER, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Name of Winner. To obtain the name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by [1/31/2019] to: [Annie Belgrade (Ketchum)– 225 N. Michigan, Floor 7, Chicago IL 60601].
14. Sponsor. American Egg Board, 8755 W Higgins Rd Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60631.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM.