American Egg Board’s #EggtheFeeling Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOTIMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
1.How to Enter.To enterthe American Egg Board’s #EggtheFeeling Contest(“Contest”), read the Official Rules, log in to your Instagram account and post a photo (“Photo”) of a holiday dessert cooked with at least two eggs and no cream cheese, and follow @IncredibleEgg on Instagram. The Photo must be original and your post caption must also include the required hashtags #EggtheFeeling and #contest to be considered a valid entry. You must make sure the “Photos Are Private” option in the account settings on your Instagram account are set to “OFF”. Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information, use the required hashtags, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Contest entries must comply with the Entry requirements set forth herein to be valid. As used herein, “Entry” (and/or “Entries”) refers to all content you submit in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited to, the Photo, description, explanations, hashtags, tag names, etc.). Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry that does not adhere to the submission requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and/or disqualify the entrant. All Entries must be in compliance with the Instagram format requirements. Entries must be in English. By submitting an Entry into the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms to the Entry Requirements and Official Rules set forth herein.
Limit: One  Entry per person/account per day (12:00:00 am EST – 11:59:59 pm EST) during the entire Entry Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
Duplicate Entries by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of Instagram.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities or any other methods may void that participant’s entry(ies) and corresponding prizes (if any). Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. No other forms of entry are valid other than as set forth above. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Should multiple users of the same Instagram account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an Instagram account by Instagram Inc. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
All entry information, Photos, captions and posts shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Submission: (a) Submission is entrant’s own creation; and (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and properties (e.g.,IncredibleEgg.org) and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), for any legal purpose whatsoever.PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, YOU GRANT SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO POST THE SUBMISSION ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES FOREVER WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONALPERMISSION OR COMPSENSATION.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Standard data fees may apply if entering the Contest using your mobile device. You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
2.Start/End Dates.The Contest begins on December 23, 2021 at 12:00:01 am EST and ends on December 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm EST (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received before the Entry Period end time/date to be valid.
3.Eligibility.Participation open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the American Egg Board (“Sponsor”)and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia at time of entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions:By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Photo must contain a photograph of an original meal the entrant cooked with at least two eggs and no cream cheese.
- The Submission must be in English.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not in any way disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules, the interpretation of these rules by Sponsor and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
ENTRIES POSTED TO SOCIAL MEDIA ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Entry submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging period.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
5. Judging/Judging Criteria.On or about January 15, 2022, ten (10) eligible Submissions will be chosen based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) most effective use of eggs; (b) creativity; and (c) enthusiasm. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the most effective use of eggs criteria (above) will determine winner (subject to confirmation).
6.Prizes.PRIZE(S) (10):Each prize consists of one (1) gift card to a local grocer decided by the American Egg Board for the price of 24 dozen eggs (2 dozen eggs per month). Winners are encouraged but not required to use gift cards on eggs. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $100. Total ARV of all prizes: $1000. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winner. Limit: one (1) prize per person/household.
7.Notification.Winners will be notified via comment (Instagram) on or about January 16, 2022. Winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document (including transfer/assignment of rights in the Submission to Sponsor) within the time frame designated by Sponsor. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential Winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such potential Winner’s prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8.Conditions.Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and /or acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Ketchum Inc., and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants further agree that in no event shall the Sponsor be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, pandemics, epidemics, weather or acts of terrorism.
9.Additional Terms.Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, epidemics, pandemics, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BEMADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties.IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OFANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOMEOF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law.The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Cook County, Illinois. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT REGARD TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES (WHETHER OF ILLINOIS OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION). For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Cook in the State of Illinois. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Name of Winner.To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 19, 2022 to: American Egg Board Egg the Feeling Contest – Winners’ List; c/o American Egg Board Marketing Team, American Egg Board, 8755 W Higgins Rd., Suite 300, Chicago, IL, 60631.
14. Sponsor.American Egg Board, 8755 W Higgins Rd., Suite 300, Chicago, IL, 60631
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM.