EGG STORAGE & HANDLING
- Per USDA/FSIS, store shell eggs and liquid eggs (eggs removed from their shell) at 40° F (4.4° C) or below, do not freeze.
- Store shell eggs in their case.
- Store away from foods with strong odors (such as fish, apples, cabbage or onions).
- Rotate – First in/First out.
- Always wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Take out only as many eggs as needed for immediate use. Do not stack egg flats (trays) near the grill or stove.
- Use only clean, uncracked eggs.
- Eggs should not be washed before using; they are washed and sanitized before they are packed.
- Use clean, sanitized utensils and equipment.
- Never mix the shell with internal contents of the egg.
- Do not reuse a container (blender, bowl, mixer) after it has had raw egg mixture in it. Clean and sanitize the container thoroughly before using again.
- Never leave egg dishes at room temperature more than one hour (including preparation and service time).