This incredible take on the traditional Korean Bibimbap is bursting with flavor, color, texture and the high-quality protein any team needs to bring home the gold! Grab your friends, a bowl of Incredible Bibimbap and eat up all the exciting moments. Whether your watching the action or out on the field, the 22 grams of protein in this Bibimbap will help you keep up your energy all day plus help build, maintain and repair muscle!
Total Time: 90 Minutes
Prep Time 60 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
The recipe is written in order of preparation.
Pickled Red Pepper Slivers
- ½ medium red bell pepper, sliced into very thin strips
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
Miso Sweet Potato
- 2 cups pre-cut cubed sweet potatoes (grocery stores sell pre-cut)
- 1 tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
Cauliflower “Rice”/Quinoa Mix
- 2 cups of riced cauliflower (purchase fresh from produce section of grocery)
- 1 cup of quinoa (purchased cooked from grocery or use leftover from previous meal)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. chili paste
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (can buy pre-sliced)
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Pickled Red Pepper Slivers:
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix together 3 tbsp. rice vinegar, 3 tbsp. water and ½ tsp. of kosher salt.
- 2. Soak the red pepper strips in the brine mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain completely; pat dry with a paper towel.
Miso Sweet Potato:
- 1. Preheat toaster oven to 425° F.
- 2. Line tray with nonstick foil.
- 3. In a bowl, add sweet potato, sweet miso & sesame oil. Toss/mix thoroughly.
- 4. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir/flip the potatoes around; cook for another 5-7 minutes or until desired level of browness.
- 5. Remove from oven & set aside (serve room temperature)
Cauliflower “Rice”/Quinoa Mix:
- 1. Reheat precooked quinoa in microwave as directed on package. Set aside.
- 2. Heat sesame & olive oil together in a sauté pan on high.
- 3. Add cauliflower rice – sprinkle sea salt over the cauliflower.
- 4. Stirring constantly, cook for 5 minutes until cauliflower starts to get slightly crunchy/crispy.
- 5. Add chili paste.
- 6. Add quinoa, mix & heat together until thoroughly warm, about 3-4 minutes.
- 1. Heat sesame oil; medium high.
- 2. Add sliced mushrooms.
- 3. Saute until soft; add Soy Sauce.
- 4. Mix for another 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- 1. Place kale & spinach and ¼ cup water in a microwave safe container, cover with plastic wrap
- 2. Microwave about 5 minutes; just until greens are wilted.
- 3. Drain completely, pat dry if necessary with paper towel.
- 4. Mix with 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- 5. Mix in Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Assemble 2 Bibimbap Bowls:
- 1. In each bowl, fill the bottom with the Riced Cauliflower & Quinoa mixture.
- 2. Arrange the White Miso Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Shiitake Mushrooms, baby spinach/baby kale & Red Pepper Slivers on top.
- 1. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl
- 2. Heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in a small frying pan.
- 3. When oil is hot, pour in the eggs.
- 4. Fry eggs until edges are brown & crispy & egg white is cooked through.
- 5. Place one fried egg on top of each assembled Bibimbap bowl. Add a dollop of red chili paste.
- 6. Mix/fold all the ingredients & enjoy!
Beef, Pork, Chicken, Shrimp or Crabmeat. Pickled Shredded Carrots, Red Cabbage, English Cucumber or Bean Sprouts.
Nutrition information per serving (no Add-ins): 780 Calories, 44g Total Fat, 7g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 185mg Cholesterol, 1360mg Sodium, 80g Carbohydrate, 14g Dietary Fiber, 21g Sugars, 22g Protein