2023 Egg Design Submission Call
Presented by America’s Egg Farmers
The 2023 Egg Design Submission Call Contest has been extended until January 31, 2023 (“Extended Contest Period”) solely in the following U.S. States and Territories: American Samoa, Arkansas, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, US Virgin Islands, Vermont, Washington DC, West Virginia, Wyoming (the “Eligible Contest Territory”).
The Contest has been closed in all other States and Territories in the original Contest Territory.
Please check below for updated dates for the Extended Contest Period if you live in one of the Eligible Contest Territories.
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the U.S. States and Territories in the Eligible Contest Territory (defined above), and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the Eligible Contest Territory in the United States.
- How to Enter. Sponsor is calling on eligible entrants (defined in Section 3) to submit an egg design (“Egg Design”) under the theme of “United States of Possibility” that represents their home U.S. state or territory (“Theme”) (see United States of Possibility Theme section below for further details on the Theme).To participate in the 2023 Egg Design Submission Call (the “Contest”):
- Go to www.incredibleegg.org/unitedstatesofpossibility (“Submission Portal” or “Site”);
- Read the Official Rules;
- Complete the online Submission form (“Submission Form”) (including your full name and email address, and your child’s full name, age and home state/territory, and your associated organization/club (if applicable) (i.e., 4H or BGC);
- Upload your child’s Egg Design in accordance with these Official Rules, including the Design and Entry Submission Process Guidelines and Submission Guidelines identified below; and
- Click the “submit” button.
Please note that definition of “parent” herein includes “guardian” and the definition of “child” herein includes “ward.”
A. Design and Entry Submission Process Guidelines
- Download the PDF included in the Submission Form, and use the template provided to have your child create his/her own Egg Design and corresponding Design inspiration statement (“Design Statement”) which explains your child’s vision behind the idea. The Design Statement should be no longer than 50 words in length.
- Your child should embrace his/her personal artistic style – be bold, fun, and unique. Your child can use any medium of choice (pencils, crayons, watercolors, paint, etc.) for the Egg Design. Art should be your child’s original creation, and not feature assets from third parties (unless in the public domain). Anything not original or not in the public domain may not be included in any entries.
- Fully complete the Submission Form, including your contact information and your child/artist’s full name, so you can be contacted if your child’s Egg Design is selected.
- Upload your child’s Submission (as defined below), including your child’s Egg Design, to the Submission Portal by 11:59:59 PM ET on Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
B. Contest Theme: United States of Possibility – How to Get Started
Each U.S. state and territory is unique. From the mountain ranges of Washington to farmlands of Iowa to beaches in Florida, our different locations combined make up a diverse and united country and give us a special sense of local and national pride. So how can our differences contribute to the future of the United States?
This is the United States of Possibility. What role will your individual state or territory play in the next 5, 10 or 15 years? What are some special aspects that you think will contribute to our country’s unity? We’re looking for Egg Designs that show how your state/territory might make a difference in the future of our country. Consider your home’s unique natural resources, scientific and technological inventions or cultural developments in the arts, sports or film. Then put it into an Egg Design…
Here are some questions to ask your child when thinking about their Egg Design:
- What is the thing I love most about my state or territory?
- What makes my state/territory unique?
- What makes my state’s/territory’s citizens different?
- And how can any of these things contribute to the unity of our country in the future?
All entry information, Submission Forms, Egg Designs and Design Statements shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below in Section 4. For example, do not include any inappropriate content, religious symbols, overtly religious themes, or partisan political statements in the Submissions, including on the Egg Design or other Submission or entry materials.
Limit one (1) Submission per child. If a parent has multiple children, the parent may enter each child separately into the Contest using the same email address.
The American Egg Board selection committee will review all Submissions and select one (1) Egg Design per state/territory, which is expected to serve as inspiration for a unique collection during Easter 2023 (the “Exhibit”).
Selected winners will be notified by March 10, 2023, and selected Egg Designs will be created by egg artists across the country (each an “Artist’s Egg Creation”) for the Exhibit, as determined by Sponsor and Artist in their sole discretion.
Selected winners’ names, ages, home states/territories and Submissions will be included as part of the Exhibit. By participating, on behalf of yourself and your child, you grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and to display your child’s name, age, home states/territories and Submission, in whole or in part, including, but not limited, in connection with and for purposes of the Artist’s Egg Creation and the Exhibit, and to incorporate them into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to, on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc.), for any legal purpose whatsoever.
By entering, you warrant on behalf of yourself and your child the following with respect to the Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; and (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Submission forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria, including from each state/territory.
- Start/End Dates. The Contest has been extended in the Eligible Contest Territory until 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on January 31, 2023 (“Extended Contest Period”).
- Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the U.S. states and territories (collectively, the “Contest Territory”), who submit on behalf of their child and whose child is between the ages of 5 and 18 as of date of entry and who live in the Contest Territory. Void outside of the United States and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the American Egg Board (“Sponsor”), USDA and Boys & Girls Clubs of America and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her child’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Design Statement must not exceed 50 words in length.
- The Submission must be primarily in English.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not in any disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- The Submission must not promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- The Submission must not include any questionable content, religious symbols, overtly religious themes, or partisan political statements; and
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Judging Panel/Judging Criteria. On or about February 6, 2023, all eligible Submissions submitted during the Extended Contest Period will be judged by the American Egg Board selection committee (the “Judges”). One (1) Egg Design will be selected per state/territory. The Judges will consider the entrant’s age and shall score each Submission based on creativity (25%), visual appeal (25%), and adherence to the Contest Theme (50%) (“Judging Criteria”).
- Prizes. One (1) prize per state/territory in the Eligible Contest Territory: Each winner will receive a commemorative certificate. Approximate retail value of each prize: $5.00. Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined during the Extended Contest Period: $85.00. Contest: Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners.
- Notification/Acceptance of Prize. On or about March 10, 2023, potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or Rights Transfer document within five (5) days of prize notification. Additionally, potential winners may have the possibility of participating in specific media days, interviews and/or events, as determined by Sponsor, including interacting with local media. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and Rights Transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score based on the Judging Criteria. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event Submission is not used for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the Artist’s Egg Creation. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s and Artist’s sole and absolute discretion, including, but not limited to, for purposes of the Artist’s Egg Creation for display at the Exhibit. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes each parent and their child’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city/state/territory), age, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, on behalf of themselves and their children, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, USDA or the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, epidemics, pandemics or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor or its representatives.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND/OR FROM DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- List of Winners. To obtain list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 31, 2023 to: 2023 Egg Design Submission Call Winner’s List, c/o Etain O’Longaigh, Ketchum Inc., 1285 6th Ave #401, New York, NY 10019.
- Sponsor. The American Egg Board, 8755 W. Higgins Rd. Ste. 300, Chicago, IL 60603.
IN THE EVENT THERE IS ANY DISCREPANCY OR INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN DISCLOSURES OR OTHER STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTEST MATERIALS AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL CONTROL.