Safe. Nutritious. Functional.
Per government regulation, all U.S. egg products are pasteurized to eliminate food-borne illnesses such as Salmonella.
Benefits of U.S. Egg Products – Dried, Frozen, Liquid/Refrigerated:
- Ease of use: Ready to use – whether liquid or dried egg compatible with mechanized portioning systems in food plants, or ready-to-heat and -serve, precooked egg entrees.
- Convenient: Minimal equipment required, simple cleanup, and except for packaging materials, no waste disposal.
- Economy: Reduced handling, minimal shipping cost and elimination of breakage, result in reduced-cost formulations. Eggs are one of the most economical complete protein sources available.
- Safety: Pasteurized to destroy Salmonella and other bacteria.
- Minimal storage space:
- 100 lb. dried egg white solids equal about 28 cases (360 large shell eggs per case) of shell egg whites.
- 100 lb. dried whole egg solids equal approximately 10 cases of large shell eggs.
- 30 lb. frozen eggs equal about 22 dozen large shell eggs.
- Uniformity: Customizable to specifications for consistent performance in formulations.
- Quality/Stability: Virtually indistinguishable from U.S. shell eggs in nutritional value, flavor and functional properties. With proper storage, these qualities remain throughout shelf life.