Washed, sanitized, packed and shipped within hours of laying, superior U.S. egg quality and safety are maintained through refrigeration. U.S. shell eggs come in a variety of sizes, colors, grades, production methods, and packaging formats.
- Nutrition powerhouse: All-natural, nutrient-rich source of high-quality protein. Satiating, low-calorie, familiar, well-liked food.
- Versatile: Fit into any daypart. Eggs have 20+ functional characteristics from emulsification to binding, leavening and browning.
- Consistent quality: Ensured via U.S. government oversight and monitoring.
- Safety: Due to strict food safety regulations, U.S. egg production is governed by the following food safety regulations:
- Egg Safety Rule (2010)
- 1999 FSIS ruling – egg refrigeration and labeling rule
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce 1990 Sanitary Food Transportation Act
Quality assurance measures:
- Stringent USDA disease-prevention standards
- USDA inspection & grading
- Washing and sanitizing
- Refrigeration across supply chain
- Quality control from packing to delivery