Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
2 large EGGS 2 Tbsp. milk salt and pepper, as desired
Yields: 1 serving
- Nutritional Information
Per serving: 1 of recipe
Total fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g
Monounsaturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 374 mg
Sodium: 447 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 14 g
Vitamin A: 169 mcg
Vitamin D: 2 mcg
Folate: 49 mcg
Choline: 299 mg
Calcium: 93 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Potassium: 181 mg
This recipe is an excellent source of protein and choline, and a good source of folate, vitamin D and vitamin A.
BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in microwave-safe bowl until blended.
MICROWAVE on HIGH 45 seconds: STIR. MICROWAVE until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer. SERVE immediately.
- Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese or fresh herbs.
- For rich, creamy scrambled eggs, add small cubes of cream cheese or a dollop of cottage cheese before cooking.
- For added flavor, stir a bit of creamy salad dressing, pesto, salsa or your favorite herb into the egg mixture.
- Don’t overcook. Scrambled eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.